Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Shopping My Way

Earlier this year, I received a phone call from the accountant who was helping me prepare my taxes.
He asked me if I had made purchases in Delaware (land of tax-free shopping).
"No."
He asked me if I shopped on line.
"No."
I told him that I really don't do much shopping.
There was a long pause in the conversation and he said,
"You are a very interesting woman."
Actually, given the fact that he was looking at my financial status, he probably should have understood the reason why I don't shop much.
 
When I do shop, it's often for items that some people might find curious...
like these awesome chisels.
Actually.....3 chisels, one railroad spike and 2 iron thingies.
I recently found these pieces of heavy metal wonderfulness at local thrift stores, and they are now part of my arsenal of texture-making tools.
 
One of the chisels was used to texture the discs for this batch of new earrings....
being delivered to Woodmere Art Museum this afternoon.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog, and I must say I really enjoy reading it. So much beauty and so much to learn :) I appreciate the time you take to explain your progress and your work. I will keep following for sure. I also paint and make jewelry, but have a long way to go. Greetings from north of Norway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Irene- How nice that you found your way to my blog. I hope you find useful information here as you move forward with your jewelry.

    ReplyDelete